ANA STANOJEVIĆ, MSc. Arch., Ph.D. student, University of Nis, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture in Nis, Serbia
BRANKO TURNŠEK, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of Nis, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture in Nis, Serbia
DANICA STANKOVIC, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of Nis, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture in Nis, Serbia
Abstract: In addition to offering the possibility of rational wine production, contemporary wineries also contribute to preservation of its prestige in society, by their form and materialization. The terrain is an important influential factor in designing of wineries. The paper examines the way in which terrain characteristics affect the functional disposition of facilities and winery visualization. This is illustrated by schemes, photos and comparative analysis of the examples. The results show that the flow of technological process and cost-effectiveness of production are directly related to terrain configuration, as well as, that its significance in terms of connection with nature is often emphasized by the integration of winery into environment and creation of sustainable buildings that meet the needs of the modern age.
Key words: wine production, technological process, terrain configuration, functional disposition, winery design.
- Asero, V. & Patti, S. (2009). From wine production to wine tourism experience: The case study Italy. Business, 52, 1-17.
- Laflamme, E.G. (1999). Architecture as Tourist Attraction: Broading the concept of ‘Terroir’ as a Design Methodology. Faculty of Environment Design, Calgary, Canada.
- URL: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/01/12/oldest.winery/ (accessed 22.02.2018).
- (1914). The ten books on architecture. Harvard University Press, London, England.
- Woschek, H.G., Duhme, D. & Friederichs, K. (2012). Wine and architecture: High-tech, Tradition and Aesthetics. Institut fur internationale Architektur-Dokumentation, Minhen, Germany.
- URL: http://rs.n1info.com/a337181/Biznis/Svetska-proizvodnja-vina-najniza-u-poslednjih-50-godina.html (accessed 22.02.2018).
- Mateo, J.J. & Maicas, S. (2015). Valorization of winery and oil mill wastes by microbial technologies. Food Research International, 73, 13-25.
- Brink, G.M. (2009). The Architecture of Terroir: A phenomenological Approach to the Design of Winery. Master Thesis. Syracuse University, USA.
- Radovanović, V. (1970). Tehnologija vina. Građevinska knjiga, Beograd, Srbija.
- Sajmon, Dž. (2009). Velika knjiga o vinu. Profil knjiga, Beograd, Srbija.
- Kojić, B. & Simonović, Đ. (1978). Poljoprivredne zgrade i kompleksi. Građevinska knjiga, Beograd, Srbija.
- Antešević, N. (2010). Vino i arhitektura: Savremene tendencije u projektovanju vinarija. Prostor S – naučno-stručni časopis za arhitekturi i građevinarstvo, 11, 76-85.
- Drazil, D., Sedlakova, P. & Frydkjaer, N.S. (2015). Winery for the new Century: Integrated Design for sustainable Winery, Master Thesis, Aalborg University, Danmark.
- Hauser, S. (2014). Winery architecture trends focus on Authenticity and Hospitality. Vineyard & Winery Management, 1, 84-88.