DANICA STANKOVIC, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of Nis, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture in Nis, Serbia
ALEKSANDRA KOSTIC, MSc. Arch., Ph.D. student, University of Nis, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture in Nis, Serbia
VOJISLAV NIKOLIC, MSc. Arch., Ph.D. student, University of Nis, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture in Nis, Serbia
ALEKSANDRA CVETANOVIC, MSc. Arch., Ph.D. student, University of Nis,
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture in Nis, Serbia
Abstract: The concepts regarding space and form are moved from one to the other in the course of history. Also, this change that space and form have undergone together should be considered based on the change and development in theory, discourse, technology, material, time etc. Depending on this development and change process, architectural form is also evident to change its expressions. The main goal of this research is to define the types of forms and their characteristics as well as the types of the possible spatial organizations in architectural design. The investigation includes analysis of the contemporary architecture. In this article are analyzed the examples from the practice with the aim of emphasising the significance of the conceptual design strategies used in architectural design.
Key words: form, architecture, principles, design, buildings.
- Ching, F.D.K. (2007). Architecture: Form, Space and Order. Hoboken New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
- Erzen, J. (2007). Paradigms for a New Aesthetics in a Globalizing World’, Changing Historical Processes-Changing Concepts, 1, pp. 139-147.
- Hendrix, J. (2012). Theorizing a contradiction between form and function in architecture. SAJAH, 27 (1), pp. 9-28.
- Kuloğlu, N. & Şamlıoğlu, T. (2012). Perceptual and Visual Void on the Architectural Form: Transparency and Permeability. Architectoni.ca, 2012 (2), pp. 131-137.
- Last, N. (2014) Architecture and the Image of Fluidity, Globalizing Architecture / Flows and Disruptions, pp. 34-41.
- Leopold, K. (2006). Geometry concepts in architectural design. Proceeding of 12th International Conference on Geometry and Graphics, Salvador, Brazil, August 6-10, 2006, Paper #T35, pp. 1-9.
- URL: https://www.archdaily.com/638299/dh-triangle-school-nameless-architecture.
- URL: https://www.archdaily.com/778036/olmo-tower-leap-laboratorio-en-arquitectura-progresiva.
- URL: https://www.architectural-review.com/today/rolex-learning-centre-by-sanaa-lausanne-switzerland/5217744.article.
- Wong, W. (1993). Principles of Form and Design. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
- Yilmaz, S. (1999). Evolution of the Architectural Form Based on the Geometrical Concepts. PhD Thesis, Izmir: Institute of Technology.