MILICA SIMOVIC, MSc. Arch., Ph.D. student, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture in Nis, University of Nis, Serbia
DANICA STANKOVIC, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture in Nis, University of Nis, Serbia
Abstract: The aim of this research is to discuss the key elements of successful implementation of floating buildings with purpose to activate waterfronts for the public use. The challenge of utilisation of waterfronts and bodies of water that meet city shores seems to have a global presence. Policy makers, planners and practitioners seek to reintroduce the waterfronts as places of public benefit and enjoyment and seem to be sharing the similar guiding principle on which functions these places are able to accommodate. By following this principle, city shores and their water are becoming a functional mix of public spaces where one can come to work, play or simply relax. From the standpoint of increased quality of life, we thus deliver benefits across all of its aspects: social, cultural and economic.
Key words: water, architectural designing, floating architecture, public buildings, recreation.
- Ronzatti, G. & Lovric, P. (2019). Floating Infrastructure Large Scale Public Spaces on Water. Proceedings of the World Conference on Floating Solutions, Singapore, pp.49-66.
- Moon, C. (2017). Architectural Characteristics of Floating Building. UIA 2017 Seoul World Architects Congress, Seoul, South Korea (September 3-7).
- Baker, R. & Coutts, R. (2016). Aquatecture, RIBA Publishing, Newcastle, UK, p. 129.
- Moon, C. (2014). Applications of Sustainable Factors in Floating Architecture. World Sustainable Building Conference 14, Barcelona, Spain (October 28-30).
- Hananib, N., Zamania, M., Hamdan, M., Faizalb, A. & Asmawib (2015). Standard Specifications for Design Concepts of MegaFloats for Long Term Habitation. Proceeding of 2nd International Materials, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering Conference-MIMEC2015, Bali, Indonesia, (February 4-6). Publisher: Procedia Manufacturing 2, 374-378.
- Simovic, M., Krasic, S. & Nikolic, M. (2019). Floating Solutions: The New Meaning of Mobility. Proceedings of the World Conference on Floating Solutions, Singapore, pp. 411-426.
- URL: https://fluctuart.fr/en/.
- URL: https://navi.finnisharchitecture.fi/allas-sea-pool/.
- URL: https://www.woodarchitecture.fi/projects/allas-sea-pool.
- URL: http://danielvalle.com/workItem.aspx?id=9.