A.L. KRISHAN, Full Professor, doctor of Technical Sciences, Department of Building Design and Constructions, Institute of Civil Engineering, Architecture and Art, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia
Abstract: The results of the theoretical research of the strength of compressed reinforced concrete elements with helical reinforcement are presented. The main principles of the deformation calculation of structures with confinement reinforcement are stated. Formulas for calculating the strength and ultimate axial deformation of a volumetric compressed concrete core are obtained. The procedure for numerical construction of the diagram of a concrete core state is developed. The proposed approach allows evaluating the stress-strain state of an element with helical reinforcement at any level of loading up to its destruction.
Key words: short compressed element, strength calculation, concrete, helical reinforcement.
- Samuel, I.L.Y. (2012). Experimentalnie issledovaniya gibridnogo spiralnogo armirovaniya v pryamougolnih kolonnah. Industrial and Civil Engineering, No. 12, pp. 77-80.
- Krishan, A.L. & Krishan, M.A. (2014). Power resistance of compressed concrete elements with confinement reinforcement by means of meshes. Advances of Environmental Biology, No. 8 (6), pp. 1987-1990.
- Krishan, A.L., Sabirov, R.R., Krishan, M.A. (2014). Durability calculation of compressed reinforced concrete elements with confinement reinforcement made by fabrics. Architecture. Construction. Education, No. 1 (3), pp. 215-224.
- Fattah, A.M. (2012). Behavior of concrete columns under various confinement effects: a dissertation … doctor of philosophy. College of Engineering, Kansas State University, Kansas, 399 p.
- Hamidian, M.R., Jumaat, M.Z. & Alengaram, U.J. (2016). Pitch spacing effect on the axial compressive behavior of spirally reinforced concrete-filled steel tube. Journal of Thin-Walled Structures, Vol. 93, pp. 92-176.
- Subramanian, N. (2011). Design of confinement reinforcement for RC columns. The Indian Concrete Journal, No. 85 (6), pp. 19-29.
- Waton, S., Zahn, F.A. & Park, R. (1994). Confining Reinforcement for Concrete Columns. Journal of Structural Engineering, No. 120 (6), pp. 1798-1824.
- Tamrazyan, A.G. & Manaenkov, I.K. (2016). K raschetu izgibaemyh zhelezobetonnyh elementov s kosvennym armirovaniem szhatoi zony. Industrial and Civil Engineering, No. 7, pp. 41-44.
- Xiamuxi, A. & Hasegawa, A. (2012). A study on axial compressive behaviors of reinforced concrete filled tubular steel columns. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol. 76, pp. 144-154.
- Krishan, A.L. (2011). Trubobetonnye kollony s predvaritelno obzhatym yadrom: monografiya. Rostov-on-Don, Rostovskiy gos. stroit. un-t, 372 p.
- Krishan, A.L., Rimshin, V.I. & Muhametzyanov, A.I. (2015). Postroenie diagrammy deformirovaniya odnoosno szhatogo betona. Vestnik Mosrovskogo gosudarstvennogo stroitelnogo universiteta, No. 6, pp. 23-31.