DARIA MOKRENKO, Ing., Ph.D. student, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Technical university of Kosice, Slovak Republic
MARIA KOZLOVSKA, Professor, Ing., Ph.D., Head of the Department of Technology, Economy and Management in Civil Engineering, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Technical university of Kosice, Slovak Republic
Abstract: The purpose of this study is to highlight some innovations in the construction industry. Successful construction, profitable in the modern world is impossible without innovation. They can be divided into innovations in building materials and products, and innovations in building technologies. Currently, construction is moving away from traditional materials and technologies in favor of more environmentally friendly, economical and high-quality materials and technologies. Thus, innovative materials are the basis of fast and efficient construction, which in turn is impossible without advanced technologies.
Key words: innovative material, innovative technology, straw-bale construction, transparent wood, smart brick, 3D printing.
- Architecture and Construction, No. 6 (134), Russia, 2016.
- Novotna, P. (2014). Modern materials and technologies for construction: diploma work. Slovakia.
- Thatched house. URL: https://www.buildingwithawareness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/straw-bale-house-walls1.jpg.
- Rogers, S. Totally Transparent: 14 See-Through Homes, Cars, Gadgets & Tech. URL: https://weburbanist.com/2016/10/05/totally-transparent-14-see-through-homes-cars-more-reveal-all/3/#.
- Plishka, M. Researchers Develop Self-Healing Concrete. URL: https://www.trendhunter.com/trends/concrete-future-researchers-develop-self-healing-flexible-concrete.
- Water-permeable concrete. URL: https://www.beton.click/storage/g4.jpg.
- Owens, T. (2018). Building with Awareness: Building a Hybrid Home DVD and Guide. – USA.
- Brownlee, J. This Swedish Scientist’s Transparent Wood Could Transform Architecture. URL: https://www.fastcompany.com/3058621/this-swedish-scientists-transparent-wood-could-transform-architecture.
- Topmix Permeable. URL: https://www.tarmac.com/solutions/readymix/topmix-permeable/.
- Кitebricks. URL: http://kitebricks.com/.
- Polystyrene blocks. URL: http://www.domzababku.sk/domzababku/eshop/5-1-Polystyrenove-tvarnice.
- Unčík, S. 3D printing – the future of building structures? URL: https://stavba.tzb-info.cz/hruba-stavba/18944-3d-tlac-buducnost-realizacie-stavebnych-konstrukcii.