TRAN TUAN MINH, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Hanoi University of Mining and Geology, Vietnam
NGUYEN DUYEN PHONG, Ph.D., Faculty of Civil Engineering, Hanoi University of Mining and Geology, Vietnam
DANG TRUNG THANH, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Hanoi University of Mining and Geology, Vietnam
Abstract: Excavation of adits in the rock mass for underground mining will be changed the state of initial stress in the rock mass, besides established the new stress state in rock mass around openings, respectively. The secondary stress state has influence on the design of stability for adits. Nowadays the estimation of stress and deformation around adits in bedding rocks is limited. One of many factors concerns to the values and directions of earth pressure on supports is ratio between span of adits and thickness of rock mass layers. This paper refers to assessment of the stress and deformation around adits and internal forces in steel ribs when changing ratio span of adits and thickness of rock mass layers in bedding rocks in the Quang Ninh underground mines of Vietnam.
Key words: stress, deformation, adits, layer thickness, steel ribs.
- Tuan Minh, T., Duyen Phong, N. & Viet Dinh, N. (2012). Research on stress state and deformation around big tunnels with excavation stages in bedding and non-homogeneous rock. Paper presented at the international conference “Advances in mining and tunneling”, Hanoi university of mining and geology, pp. 309-316.
- Tuan Minh, T. (2014). Information applycation for underground and mining construction. Construction publishing house. Hanoi, Vietnam, 186 p. (Viet).
- Quang Phich, N. (2007). Using numerical softwares for calculation underground constructions and mines. B2005-36-88TD Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Tuan Minh, T. (2016). Research on the stability of deep tunnels in bedding and joint rocks driven by top advance and bench method. Journal of Mining and Earth Sciences, Vol. 54, pp. 32-39.
- Tuan Minh, T. & Van Tri, N. (2010). Stability of subway tunnels near the surface driven by underground excavation method with consideration to working stages. International mining conference, Halong, Vietnam 23-25 September, pp. 367-372.
- Tuan Minh, T., Duyen Phong, N. & Viet Dinh, N. (2012). Impacted assessment of excavation schemes on rock mass around Huoi Quang underground power cavern in Viet Nam. International conference “Advances in mining and tunneling”, Hanoi university of mining and geology 23-25 August, pp. 284-290.
- Tuan Minh, T., Duyen Phong, N. & Viet Dinh, N. (2012). Analysis of plastic zone around tunnels when considering the initial stress parameters by using Examine 2D software. International conference “Advances in mining and tunneling”, Hanoi university of mining and geology 23-25, pp. 299-304.
- Tuan Minh, T., Duyen Phong, N. & Tai Tien, N. (2014). Determination of stress and displacement around shallow tunnels using top heading and benching excavation method by Phase 2 software. International conference “Advances in mining and tunneling”, Hanoi university of mining and geology 23-25, Vung Tau, pp. 247-252.
- Tuan Minh, T. & Duyen Phong, N. (2015). Research on determination of optimal distance between two unspported tunnels when consideration to shape changes. International conference CIGOS-PARIS.
- Tuan Minh, T., Quang Huy, N. & Pankratenko, A.N. (2016). Research on effects of joint networks on the stability of tunnels. Proceedings of the ESASGD 2016, Hanoi, pp. 494-452.
- Karoly Szechy (1970). The art of tunneling. Pudapet, Hungari, 891 p.
- Dimitrios Kolymbas (2005). Tunnelling and tunnel mechanics. Spring – Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, Germany, 431 p.
- Diederichs, M.S. & Kaiser, P.K. (1999). Tensile strength and abutment relaxation as failure control mechanisms in underground excavations. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences 36, pp. 69-96.
- Jia, P. & Tang, C.A. (2008). Numerical study on failure mechanism of tunnel in jointed rock mass. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology 23, pp. 500-507.
- He, B., Zhang, Z. & Chen, Y. (2012). Unsymmetrical load effect of geologically inclined bedding strata on tunnels of passenger dedicated lines. Journal of Modern Transportation, 20(1), pp. 24-30.
- Prusek, S. (2008). Modification of parameters in the Hoek-Brown failure criterion for gate road deformation prediction by means of numerical modelling. GlUckauf, No. 9, pp. 529-534.
- Prusek, S. (2008). Metody prognozowania deformacji wyrobisk w strefach wplywu eksploatacji z zawalem stropu. Prace Naukowe GIG, nr 874, Katowice.
- Bulychev, N.S. (1994). Mekhanika podzemnykh sooruzheniy. Moskva, Rossiya. 274 p. (rus).
- Baklashov, I.V. & Kartoziya, B.A. (2002). Mekhanika podzemnykh sooruzheniy i konstruktsiy krepey. Moskva, Rossiya, 543 p. (rus).
- Glushko, V.T. & Gavelya, S.P. (1986). Otsenka napryazhenno-deformirovannogo sostoyaniya massiva gornykh porod. Nedra, Rossiya, 211 p. (rus).
- Solovyev, G.I. (DonNTU). (2006). Opredeleniye parameterov prodolno – zhestkoy krepi usileniya vyyemochykh vyrabotok nlubokikh shakhtyu. Natsionalnaya akademiya nauka ukrainiye insitut geotekhnicheskoy mekhaniki, mezhvedomstvennyy sbornik naunykh trudov, Dnepropetrovsk, pp. 157-172.
- Solodyankin, A.V. (2006). Opredeleniye peremeshcheniy na konture vyrabotki s uchetom obyemnogo rasshireniya porod v zone neuprugikh deformatsiy. Mezhdunarodnaya konferentsiya nauchno-tekhnicheskoy molodykh uchenykh, aspirantov i studentov organizovannoy kafedroy “stroitelstvo shakht i podzemnykh sooruzheniy” DonNTU, Donetsk, pp. 58-60.
- URL: rocscience.com.